Firearm Transfers Made Easy
Step 1. Make Your Firearm Purchase
Purchase a gun that is allowed in your state/city. If you do not purchase from G&D FFL, please inform the seller to ship the firearm to G&D LLC. at the time of purchase. The seller will need to email G&D at email@example.com to exchange FFL's. They will provide your information and we will be in contact to update you on your transfer.
Step 2. Firearm Transfer
G&D will coordinate the transfer of your firearm into the District of Columbia. Once the firearm has been received, G&D will contact you to schedule an in person appointment to begin the registration process. To schedule the appointment the transfer fee will need to paid. The transfer fee is $125 for the first firearm, $75 for each additional firearm within the same transaction.
Step 3. G&D Appointment
During your G&D appointment we will complete your NICS background check, PD219 form, ATF Form 4473 and schedule your MPD appointment. Please be sure to bring a VALID photo ID (District of Columbia Driver's license or Identification card)
Step 4. MPD Appointment
The Metropolitan Police Department will require you to bring the following documents for your firearm registration:
- - Proof of Firearm Safety Training
- - Provide a valid government issued photo ID (Valid District of Columbia driver's license or Identification card)
- - 2 Forms of proof of Residency (Lease agreement, vehicle registration card, voter registration, deed to home, bank statement, W2......)
- - Application for Firearm Registration Certificate
- - Statement of Eligibility
- - Firearm Sales Receipt (if asked)
- - Payment ($13 Firearm registration application fee, $35 Finger printing, $75 Conceal Carry Application if applicable)
- *MPD has up to 14 days to process a firearm registration application/ 21 days to complete a conceal carry application. For updates on your application contact MPD Firearm Registration Branch..
Step 5. Registration and Firearm Pick up
When MPD has successfully completed your registration, you will be sent a digital version of your registration via email from MPD. You will need to forward that email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving the forwarded email, we will need to complete another background check (FBI background checks are valid for 30 days. Since MPD's process takes longer than 30 days, an additional background check must be run.) When we receive the results of your background check, we will contact you to schedule an appointment to pick up your firearm. During this final appointment we will complete ATF form 4473 and you will take possession of your firearm. Please be sure to bring a bag large enough to transport your firearm.